[Python-Dev] [Python-checkins] Python Regression Test Failures refleak (101)

Thomas Wouters thomas at python.org
Sun May 28 13:35:02 CEST 2006

On 5/28/06, Tim Peters <tim.peters at gmail.com> wrote:

> [... a huge number of reference leaks reported ...]
>
> FYI, I "reduced" the relatively simple test_bisect's leaks to this
> self-contained program:

Funny, I reduced it to more or less the same thing, except the other way
'round: I suspected exceptions to be the source of the leak, so I kept
adding more complicated exception processing to my leak-test until it
started leaking; it started leaking the moment I added a doctest to it, but
not before. I somewhat doubt it's directly related to exceptions, though.

Michael Hudson also mentioned it on #nfs, and it seems he went a little
further:

00:54 <mwh> i found that test.test_support.check_syntax reliably leaks 5