[Python-Dev] test_gzip/test_tarfile failure om AMD64

Thomas Wouters thomas at python.org
Mon May 29 18:03:57 CEST 2006

On 5/29/06, Bob Ippolito <bob at redivi.com> wrote:

> A compromise is to do proper range checking as a warning, and do the
> modulo math anyway... but is that what we really want?

I don't know about the rest of 'us', but that's what I want, yes: backward
compatibility, and a warning to tell people to fix their code 'or else'. The
prevalence of the warnings (outside of the stdlib) should give us a clue
whether to make it an exception in 2.6 or wait for 2.7/3.0.

Perhaps more people could chime in? Am I being too anal about backward
compatibility here?

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas at python.org>

spread!