[Python-Dev] Contributor agreements (was Re: DRAFT: python-dev summary for 2006-04-01 to 2006-04-15)

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Mon May 29 22:38:45 CEST 2006

Terry Reedy wrote:
>> .. _contributor agreement:
>> http://www.python.org/psf/contrib-form-python.html
>
> By itself, this link is inadequate since there is a blank for 'Initial
> License' with no choices indicated.  So the summary needs a link to an
> instruction page also.  The form is also a bit confusing since it appears
> to talk about future contributions but the last line tacked on to the
> bottom refers to the past.  If it means both, then why not say so in the
> main text in a way that non-lawyers can understand?

That's the modified version of the form for people like me that have
contributed stuff before sending the form in (I have one sitting on my desk
that will be going in the mail real soon now, honest. . .).

There's another page somewhere in the PSF section that talks about contributor
agreements in general - maybe that would be a better link for the summary?

Cheers,
Nick.