[Python-Dev] Remove METH_OLDARGS?

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Mon May 29 23:50:53 CEST 2006

Guido van Rossum wrote:
>> I think that should be done for 2.5, but nothing else. Or, perhaps
>> a deprecation warning could be generated if it is still used.
>
> I'll let Martin decide this one.

I just sent a message to some that producing a DeprecationWarning is
fine, but now I read some opposition; given that this really just needs
very little code to support it, and given that run-time warnings annoy
the users, not the module authors, I agree that this should stay
silently until 3.0.

We should still continue to remove all uses we have ourselves.

Regards,
Martin