[Python-Dev] Let's stop eating exceptions in dict lookup

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Tue May 30 00:01:46 CEST 2006

Armin Rigo wrote:

> At the moment, I'm trying to, but 2.5 HEAD keeps failing mysteriously on
> the tests I try to time, and even going into an infinite loop consuming
> all my memory - since the NFS sprint.  Am I allowed to be grumpy here,
> and repeat that speed should not be used to justify bugs?

not unless you can produce some code.  unfounded accusations don't
belong on this list (it's not like the sprinters didn't test the code on
a whole bunch of platforms), and neither does lousy benchmarks (why are
you repeating the 0.5% figure when pystone doesn't even test non-string
dictionary behaviour?  PyString_Eq cannot fail...)

</F>