[Python-Dev] Python Benchmarks

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Wed May 31 18:25:27 CEST 2006

skip at pobox.com wrote:
> (This is more appropriate for comp.lang.python/python-list at python.org.)
>
>     Niko> After reading through recent Python mail regarding dictionaries
>     Niko> and exceptions, I wondered, what is the current state of the art
>     Niko> in Python benchmarks?
>
> Pybench was recently added to the repository and will be in 2.5.  It works
> with Python as far back as 1.5.2 though.  As a result of last week's
> NeedForSpeed sprint some questions were raised about the efficacy of its
> string/unicode tests, however, it seems to be the best available tool at the
> moment.

Could you please forward such questions to me ?

Steve Holden has added lots of good features to pybench during
the sprint and I'm working on having it use more accurate
timers (see pybench/systimes.py).

Thanks,
--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, May 31 2006)