[Python-Dev] Python Benchmarks

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Wed May 31 19:24:35 CEST 2006

skip at pobox.com wrote:
>     MAL> Could you please forward such questions to me ?
>
> I suppose, though what question were you referring to?

Not sure - I thought you knew ;-)

> I was referring to
> Fredrik's thread about stringbench vs pybench for string/unicode tests,
> which I thought was posted to python-dev.  I assumed you were aware of the
> issue.

I'm aware of that thread, but Fredrik only posted some vague
comment to the checkins list, saying that they couldn't use
pybench. I asked for some more details, but he didn't get
back to me.

AFAIK, there were no real issues with pybench, only with the
fact that time.clock() (the timer used by pybench) is wall-time
on Windows and thus an MP3-player running in the background
will cause some serious noise in the measurements ;-)

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, May 31 2006)