[Python-Dev] [Python-3000] Mini Path object

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 09:46:09 CET 2006

On 11/2/06, Mike Orr <sluggoster at gmail.com> wrote:
> Given the widely-diverging views on what, if anything, should be done
> to os.path, how about we make a PEP and a standalone implementation of
> (1) for now, and leave (2) and everything else for a later PEP.

Why write a PEP at this stage? Just release your proposal as a module,
and see if people use it. If they do, write a PEP to include it in the
stdlib. (That's basically what happened with the original PEP - it
started off proposing Jason Orendorff's path module IIRC).

>From what you're proposing, I may well use such a module, if it helps
:-) (But I'm not sure I'd vote for it in to go the stdlib without
having survived as an external module first)

Paul.