[Python-Dev] Path object design

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sat Nov 4 00:32:57 CET 2006

Andrew Dalke schrieb:
>  >>> import urlparse
>  >>> urlparse.urljoin("hello", "/world")
>  '/world'
>  >>> urlparse.urljoin("hello", "slash/world")
>  'slash/world'
>  >>> urlparse.urljoin("hello", "slash//world")
>  'slash//world'
>  >>>

> It does not make sense to me that these should be different.

Just in case this isn't clear from Steve's and Fredrik's
post: The behaviour of this function is (or should be)
specified, by an IETF RFC. If somebody finds that non-intuitive,
that's likely because their mental model of relative URIs
deviate's from the RFC's model.

Of course, there is also the chance that the implementation
deviates from the RFC; that would be a bug.

Regards,
Martin