[Python-Dev] Using SCons for cross-compilation

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Thu Nov 9 20:50:51 CET 2006

Chris Lambacher schrieb:
> I think a better question is what about Distutils hinders cross-compiler
> scenarios and how to we fix those deficiencies?

It's primarily the lack of contributions. Somebody would have to define
a cross-compilation scenario (where "use Cygwin on Linux" is one that
might be available to many people), and try to make it work.

I believe it wouldn't work out of the box because distutils issues
the wrong commands with the wrong command line options. But I don't
know for sure; I haven't tried myself.

Regards,
Martin