[Python-Dev] Using SCons for cross-compilation

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Thu Nov 9 20:59:23 CET 2006

skip at pobox.com schrieb:
> Someone (I don't know who) submitted a patch to use SCons for building
> modules in cross-compilation contexts.  Either the author tried to shoehorn
> this into distutils and failed or never tried (maybe because using SCons for
> such takss is much easier - who knows?).  I assume that if the patch is
> accepted that SCons would have to be bundled with Python.

I don't see that as a requirement. People cross-compiling Python could
be required to install SCons - they are used to install all kinds of
things for a cross-compilation environment.

In particular, to run SCons, they need a host python. The just-built
python is unsuitable, as it only runs on the target.

Regards,
Martin