[Python-Dev] Results of the SOC projects

Facundo Batista facundobatista at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 17:42:40 CET 2006

2006/11/15, Georg Brandl <g.brandl at gmx.net>:

> this might seem a bit late, and perhaps I was just blind,
> but I miss something like a summary how the Python
> summer of code projects went, and what the status of the ones
> that were meant to improve the standard library, e.g. the
> C decimal implementation, is.

The C decimal implementation is quite finished, but really not ready
for production usage.

Actually, what this work proved is that is not enough to translate
decimal.py, there should be a redesign of the structure. There's a lot
of mails from Raymond H. about this. And he's right.

Regarding the SOC, I approved Matheusz's work, because he finished the
task, and even if we need to recode it, we learned in the process.

You're free to look at it, the C decimal implementation is in the sandbox.

Regards,

--
.    Facundo

PyAr: http://www.python.org/ar/