[Python-Dev] [Python-checkins] r51862 - python/branches/release25-maint/Tools/msi/msi.py

Neal Norwitz nnorwitz at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 08:16:12 CEST 2006

On 9/12/06, "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:

> If you wonder how this all happened: Neal added sgml_input.html after
> c1, but didn't edit msi.py to make it included on Windows. I found out
> after running the test suite on the installed version, edited msi.py,
> and rebuilt the installer.

Is there an easy to fix this sort of problem so it doesn't happen in
the future (other than revoke my checkin privileges :-) ?

There are already so many things to remember for changes.  If we can
automate finding these sorts of problems (installation, fixing
something for one platform, but not another, etc), the submitter can
fix these things with a little prodding from the buildbots.  Or is
this too minor to worry about?

It would also be great if we could automate complaint emails about
missing NEWS entries, doc, and tests so I wouldn't have to do it. :-)
Unless anyone has better ideas how to improve Python.