[Python-Dev] Can't check in on release25-maint branch

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Sun Oct 8 19:01:55 CEST 2006

[Skip]
> I checked in a change to Doc/lib/libcsv.tex on the trunk yesterday, then
> tried backporting it to the release25-maint branch but failed due to
> permission problems.  Thinking it might be lock contention, I waited a few
> minutes and tried a couple more times.  Same result.  I just tried again:
> Here's my svn status output:

As Georg said, looks like you did a read-only checkout.  It /may/
(can't recall for sure, but think so) get you unstuck to do:

svn switch --relocate \
    http://svn.python.org/projects/python/branches/release25-maint \
    svn+ssh://svn.python.org/python/branches/release25-maint

from your checkout directory.  If that works, it will go fast; if not,
start over with an svn+ssh checkout.