[Python-Dev] Python 2.5 performance

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Fri Oct 13 00:06:09 CEST 2006

Gregory P. Smith schrieb:
> i read that as just suggesting that updates should be checked into the
> release25-maint tree to get PCBuild8 working out of the box for anyone
> who wants to build python from source with vs2005.

That's passive voice ("should be checked"). I think it is unrealistic
to expect that anybody making changes will make them to PCbuild8 as
well if they are relevant; in many cases, no changes are made to the
Windows build process at all. Fortunately, Kristjan has volunteered to
maintain PCbuild8, and that's fine with me.

Regards,
Martin