[Python-Dev] 2.3.6 for the unicode buffer overrun

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Fri Oct 13 08:37:00 CEST 2006

Brett Cannon wrote:

> I know AMK was experimenting with rest2web as a possible way to do the
> web site.  There has also been talk about trying out another system.
> But I also know some people would rather put the effort into improving
> Pyramid.

You forgot the ponies!

> Once again, it's a matter of people putting the time in to make a switch
> happen to a system that the site maintainers would be happy with.

The people behind the current system and process has invested way too
much energy and prestige in the current system to ever accept that the
result is pretty lousy as a site, and complete rubbish as technology.
It's about sunk costs, not cost- and time-effective solutions.

For reference, here's my effbot.org release procedure:

1) upload the distribution files one by one, as soon as they're
available.  all links and stuff will appear automatically

2) update the associated description text through the web, when
necessary, as an HTML fragment.  click "save" to publish.

3) mail out an announcement when everything looks good.

Maybe I should offer Anthony to do the releases via effbot.org instead?

</F>