[Python-Dev] 2.3.6 for the unicode buffer overrun

Anthony Baxter anthony at interlink.com.au
Fri Oct 13 08:44:54 CEST 2006

> For reference, here's my effbot.org release procedure:
>
> 1) upload the distribution files one by one, as soon as they're
> available.  all links and stuff will appear automatically
>
> 2) update the associated description text through the web, when
> necessary, as an HTML fragment.  click "save" to publish.
>
> 3) mail out an announcement when everything looks good.
>
> Maybe I should offer Anthony to do the releases via effbot.org instead?

First off - I'm not going to be posting 10M or 16M files through a
web-browser. That's insane :-)

The bit of the website that's dealing with the actual files is not the tricky
bit - I have a dinky little python script that generates the download table.
The problems are with the other bits of the pages. I keep thinking "next
release, I'll automate it further", but never have time on the day.