[Python-Dev] Massive test_sqlite failure on Mac OSX ... sometimes

Jean-Paul Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Sun Oct 22 17:48:23 CEST 2006

On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 07:51:27 -0500, skip at pobox.com wrote:

>    Ronald> According to a comment in (IIRC) the pyOpenGL sources GLUT on
>    Ronald> OSX does a chdir() during initialization, that could be the
>    Ronald> problem here.
>
>How would that explain that it fails on my g5 but not on my powerbook?  They
>are at the same revision of the operating system and compiler.  The
>checksums on the libraries are different though the file sizes are the same.
>The dates on the files are different as well.  I suspect the checksum
>difference is caused by the different upgrade dates of the two machines and
>the resulting different times the two systems were "optimized".
>
>Is there anyone else with a g5 who can do a vanilla Unix (not framework)
>build on an up-to-date g5 from an up-to-date Subversion repository?  It
>would be nice if someone else could at least confirm or not confirm this
>problem.

Robert Gravina has seen a problem which bears some resemblance to this one
while using PySQLite in a real application on OS X.  I've pointed him to
this thread; hopefully it's the same issue and a second way of producing
the issue will shed some more light on the matter.

The top of that thread is available here:

http://divmod.org/users/mailman.twistd/pipermail/divmod-dev/2006-October/000707.html

Jean-Paul