[Python-Dev] Hunting down configure script error

Christopher Taylor chtaylo3 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 19:47:33 CEST 2006

Ok, here's what I found:  In addition to the configure script not
taking changing LIBDIR, Modules/getpath.c uses a hardcoded value for
static chat lib_python[] = "lib/python" VERSION;
which appears on line 134.  So even if the configure script changes
LIBDIR it won't do much good because the value is hardcoded in (as
opposed to using LIBDIR).

So I can tell that this would need to be changed ... anyone else know
much about this?

I'm wondering if my posts are going through??

Respectfully,
Christopher Taylor