[Python-Dev] test_codecs failures

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Mon Oct 30 01:45:42 CET 2006

I recently began running a Pybots buildslave for SQLAlchemy.  I am still
struggling to get that working correctly.  Today, Python's test_codecs test
began failing:

    test test_codecs failed -- Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/Library/Buildbot/pybot/trunk.montanaro-g5/build/Lib/test/test_codecs.py", line 1165, in test_basics
        encoder = codecs.getincrementalencoder(encoding)("ignore")
      File "/Library/Buildbot/pybot/trunk.montanaro-g5/build/Lib/encodings/bz2_codec.py", line 56, in __init__
        assert errors == 'strict'
    AssertionError

This failure seems to coincide with some checkins by Georg.  Full output
here:

    http://www.python.org/dev/buildbot/community/all/?show=g5%20OSX%20trunk&show=g5%20OSX%202.5

Skip