[Python-Dev] A test suite for unittest

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake at acm.org
Fri Sep 1 06:02:59 CEST 2006

On Thursday 31 August 2006 22:52, Collin Winter wrote:
 > I've just uploaded a trio of unittest-related patches:

Thanks, Collin!

 > #1550272 (http://python.org/sf/1550272) is a test suite for the
 > mission-critical parts of unittest.
 >
 > #1550273 (http://python.org/sf/1550273) fixes 6 issues uncovered while
 > writing the test suite. Several other items that I raised earlier
 > (http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2006-August/068378.html)
 > were judged to be either non-issues or behaviours that, while
 > suboptimal, people have come to rely on.

I'm hesitant to commit even tests at this point (the release candidate has
already been released, and there's no plan for a second).  I've not reviewed
the patches.

 > #1550263 (http://python.org/sf/1550263) follows up on an earlier patch
 > I submitted for unittest's docs. This new patch corrects and clarifies
 > numerous sections of the module's documentation.

Anthony did approve documentation changes for 2.5, so I've committed this for
2.5 and on the trunk (2.6).  These should be considered for 2.4.4 as well.
(The other two may be appropriate as well.)

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.   <fdrake at acm.org>