[Python-Dev] Py2.5 issue: decimal context manager misimplemented, misdesigned, and misdocumented

John J Lee jjl at pobox.com
Sat Sep 2 17:01:52 CEST 2006

On Thu, 31 Aug 2006, Nick Coghlan wrote:
[...]
> I committed this fix as 51664 on the trunk (although the docstrings are still
> example free because doctest doesn't understand __future__ statements).
[...]

Assuming doctest doesn't try to parse the Python code when SKIP is
specified, I guess this would solve that little problem:

http://docs.python.org/dev/lib/doctest-options.html

"""
SKIP

     When specified, do not run the example at all. This can be useful in
contexts where doctest examples serve as both documentation and test
cases, and an example should be included for documentation purposes, but
should not be checked. E.g., the example's output might be random; or the
example might depend on resources which would be unavailable to the test
driver.

     The SKIP flag can also be used for temporarily "commenting out"
examples.

Changed in version 2.5: Constant SKIP was added.
"""

John