[Python-Dev] buildbot breakage

Gustavo Niemeyer gustavo at niemeyer.net
Thu Sep 7 01:45:50 CEST 2006

> Some buildbots will fail because they got revision r51793, and it
> has a change I made to fix a problem in the subprocess module.

I've removed the offending test in r51794 and buildbots should be
happy again.

One of the ways of exploring the issue reported is using sys.stdout
as the stdout keyword, such as:

   subprocess.call([...], stdout=sys.stdout)

it breaks because it ends up closing one of the standard descriptors
of the subprocess.

Unfortunately we can't test it that way because buildbot uses a
StringIO in sys.stdout.

I kept the test which uses stdout=1, and removed the one expecting
sys.stdout to be a "normal" file.

Sorry for the trouble,

--
Gustavo Niemeyer