[Python-Dev] 2.5 status

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Thu Sep 7 11:17:37 CEST 2006

On 5-sep-2006, at 6:24, Neal Norwitz wrote:

> There are 3 bugs currently listed in PEP 356 as blocking:
>         http://python.org/sf/1551432 - __unicode__ breaks on
> exception classes
>         http://python.org/sf/1550938 - improper exception w/
> relative import
>         http://python.org/sf/1541697 - sgmllib regexp bug causes hang
>
> Does anyone want to fix the sgmlib issue?  If not, we should revert
> this week before c2 is cut.  I'm hoping that we will have *no changes*
> in 2.5 final from c2.  Should there be any bugs/patches added to or
> removed from the list?
>
> The buildbots are currently humming along, but I believe all 3
> versions (2.4, 2.5, and 2.6) are fine.
>
> Test out 2.5c1+ and report all bugs!

I have another bug that I'd like to fix: Mac/ReadMe contains an
error: it claims that you can build the frameworkinstall into a
temporary directory and then move it into place, but that isn't
actually true. The erroneous paragraph is this:

    Note that there are no references to the actual locations in the
code or
    resource files, so you are free to move things around afterwards.
For example,
    you could use --enable-framework=/tmp/newversion/Library/
Frameworks and use
    /tmp/newversion as the basis for an installer or something.

My proposed fix is to drop this paragraph. There is no bugreport for
this yet, I got notified of this issue in a private e-mail.

Ronald