[Python-Dev] Unicode Imports

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Fri Sep 8 22:54:43 CEST 2006

Nick Coghlan schrieb:
>> But it *is* a desirable, albeit new, feature, so I'm surprised that you
>> don't appear to perceive it as such for a downstream release.
>
> And unlike 2.2's True/False problem, it is an *environmental* feature, rather
> than a programmatic one.

Not sure what you mean by that; if you mean "thus existing applications
cannot break": this is not true. In fact, it seems that some
applications are extremely susceptible to the types of objects on
sys.path. Some applications apparently know exactly what you can and
cannot find on sys.path; changing that might break them.

Regards,
Martin