[Python-Dev] Unicode Imports

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sat Sep 9 19:42:17 CEST 2006

Nick Coghlan schrieb:
> I think MvL is looking at it from the point of view of consumers of the list
> of strings in sys.path, such as PEP 302 importer and loader objects, and tools
> like module_finder. Currently, the list of values in sys.path is limited to:

That, and all kinds of inspection tools. For example, when __file__ of a
module object changes to be a Unicode string (which it does under the
proposed patch), then these tools break. They currently don't break in
that way because putting arbitrary Unicode strings on sys.path doesn't
work in the first place.

Regards,
Martin