[Python-Dev] Signals, threads, blocking C functions

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Tue Sep 12 06:08:07 CEST 2006

Gustavo Carneiro wrote:
>   The only potential problem left is that, by changing the pipe file
> descriptor to non-blocking mode we can only write as many bytes to it
> without reading from the other side as the pipe buffer allows.  If a
> large number of signals arrive very quickly, that buffer may fill and
> we lose signals.

That might be an argument for *not* trying to
communicate the signal number by the value
written to the pipe, but keep a separate set
of signal-pending flags, and just use the pipe
as a way of indicating that *something* has
happened.

University of Canterbury,	   | Carpe post meridiem!          	  |
Christchurch, New Zealand	   | (I'm not a morning person.)          |