[Python-Dev] New relative import issue

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Fri Sep 22 02:15:41 CEST 2006

At 12:07 PM 9/22/2006 +1200, Greg Ewing wrote:
>Another thought on static module namespace configuration:
>It would make things a *lot* easier for py2exe, py2app
>and the like that have to figure out what packages
>a program depends on without running the program.

Setuptools users already explicitly declare what projects their projects
depend on; this is how easy_install can then find and install those
dependencies.  So, there is at least one system already available for
Python that manages this type of thing already, and my understanding is
that the py2exe and py2app developers plan to support using this dependency
information in the future.