[Python-Dev] List of candidate 2.4.4 bugs?

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Wed Sep 27 21:20:08 CEST 2006

A.M. Kuchling schrieb:
> One reason I often don't backport a bug is because I'm not sure if
> there will be another bugfix release; if not, it's wasted effort, and
> I wasn't sure if a 2.4.4 release was ever going to happen.  After
> 2.4.4, will there be a 2.4.5 or is that too unlikely?

The "tradition" seems to be that there will be one last bug fix release
after a feature release is made; IOW, two branches are always maintained
(the trunk and the last release). Following this tradition, there
wouldn't be another 2.4.x release (and I think Anthony already said so).
Likewise, 2.5. will be maintained until 2.6 is released, and one last
2.5.x release will be made shortly after 2.6.

Regards,
Martin