[Python-Dev] Python Doc problems

stephen at xemacs.org stephen at xemacs.org
Fri Sep 29 03:29:00 CEST 2006

xah lee writes:

 > anyway, i've rewrote the Python's RE module documentation, at:
 >   http://xahlee.org/perl-python/python_re-write/lib/module-re.html

-1

The current docs could be improved (but not by me, at least not
today), but I don't consider the general direction of Xah's edits
desirable.  Eg, the current table of contents is just as accurate and
more precise than Xah's top node, which makes navigation faster for
someone who knows what he forgot.<wink>  In general his changes
improve the "narrative flow", but for me that's a very low priority in
a reference manual, while the cost in loss of navigability of his
changes is pretty high for me.