[Python-Dev] Python Doc problems

Simon Brunning simon at brunningonline.net
Fri Sep 29 21:11:13 CEST 2006

On 9/29/06, Greg Ewing <greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz> wrote:
> An example of a good way to do it is the original Inside
> Macintosh series. Each chapter started with a narrative-style
> "About this module" kind of section, that introduced the
> relevant concepts and explained how they fitted together,
> without going into low-level details. Then there was a
> "Reference" section that systematically went through and
> gave all the details of the API.

The "How to use this module" sections sound like /F's "The Python
Standard Library", of which I keep the dead tree version on my desk
and the PDF vesion on my hard drive for when I'm coding in the pub. It
or something like it would be a superb addition to the (already very
good IMHO) Python docs.

--
Cheers,
Simon B,