[Python-Dev] PEP 355 status

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Fri Sep 29 21:38:22 CEST 2006

I would recommend not using it. IMO it's an amalgam of unrelated
functionality (much like the Java equivalent BTW) and the existing os
and os.path modules work just fine. Those who disagree with me haven't
done a very good job of convincing me, so I expect this PEP to remain
in limbo indefinitely, until it is eventually withdrawn or rejected.

--Guido