[Python-Dev] Caching float(0.0)

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sat Sep 30 10:47:46 CEST 2006

Bob Ippolito schrieb:
> My guess is that people do have this problem, they just don't know
> where that memory has gone. I know I don't count objects unless I have
> a process that's leaking memory or it grows so big that I notice (by
> swapping or chance).

Right. Although I do wonder what kind of software people write to run
into this problem. As Guido points out, the numbers must be the result
from some computation, or created by an extension module by different
means. If people have many *simultaneous* copies of 0.0, I would expect
there is something else really wrong with the data structures or
algorithms they use.

Regards,
Martin