[Python-Dev] minidom and DOM level 2

Jason Orendorff jason.orendorff at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 15:28:38 CEST 2007

On 4/13/07, Andrew Clover <and-dev at doxdesk.com> wrote:
> Jason Orendorff wrote:
> > I don't suppose you'd be willing to update it for Python 2.5, would you?
>
> Can do, but at this point I'm not aware of any work having been done on
> the issues listed there between the 2.3 and 2.5 releases.

I've been running the DOM test suite against trunk, using your test
harness.  It's kind of alarming at first that over 100 tests fail.  :)
But many of the failures involve entity references.

An even larger portion involve error cases: we accept things we should
check and reject.  For example, doc.createElement('\t') should fail.
These are certainly bugs, and they're easy to fix.  I'm working
through them.

> The danger is people may be used to the "wrong" minidom behaviours,
> given they have been static for so long and are in many cases central to
> how minidom works.

When I get to these, I'll post about it.

-j