[Python-Dev] Summaries and the New Lists

Stephen J. Turnbull turnbull at sk.tsukuba.ac.jp
Wed Apr 25 04:16:37 CEST 2007

Brett Cannon writes:

 > All in one is fine.  Just be *very* wary of getting burned out.  I
 > especially would watch out for python-ideas as any random idea can end
 > up there and just go on and on with no resolution.

As basically a lurker, I second that -- these summaries (and the
weekly tracker summary) are great, and anything that keeps the
volunteers happy and healthy is really important.

Similarly, as an irregular reader, I would prefer all-in-one to the
extent that you do summarize more than one list.

However, it would be nice if the thread summaries included a list of
thread subjects occurring on any lists that don't get a verbose
summary.  For example, something automatic based on Subject header
would be fine, any extra checking for topic changes that don't get a
subject change or subject changes that don't correspond to a thread
break is above and beyond the call of the volunteer spirit.  Oh, and
as part of the boilerplate call for comments on the summaries, suggest
that people who care about a particular thread that isn't represented
due to topic-Subject skew to suggest an entry for it (one line maximum).