[Python-Dev] Python 2.5.1

Calvin Spealman ironfroggy at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 04:49:32 CEST 2007

On 4/28/07, "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:
> > I have a patch myself that creates an open file and uses that as the
> > test. My reasoning is that pagefile.sys was chosen as a file that
> > should always exist and be open, so its safe to test against, so we
> > should just be testing against a fixture, instead. It is here, and if
> > someone would reference a SF bug report, I'll attach to it, as well.
>
> There must be more to the problem than just an open file. Please undo
> the change that triggered the addition of the test, and see whether you
> can reproduce the original problem with an arbitrary open file (I
> could trigger the problem with pagefile.sys at the time).
>
> Regards,
> Martin

I'm sorry, but somehow I could not parse this. My understanding was
that the unittest was meant to make sure an os.stat call would be
successful on an open file, and that pagefile.sys was simply used as a
known open file, which is no longer correct. If that is the case, I am
unsure what problem there is with my fix of a temporary open file to
test upon.

http://ironfroggy-code.blogspot.com/