[Python-Dev] Python 2.5.1

Calvin Spealman ironfroggy at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 17:37:55 CEST 2007

On 4/29/07, "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:
> >> As I said - I'm not convinced that is indeed correct. Before accepting
> >> a replacement test I would like confirmation that this test will fail
> >> on 2.5.0. You might not get ERROR_SHARING_VIOLATION in all cases of
> >> open files with 2.5.0.
> >
> > But i am running 2.5.0 during my entire writing of this patch. I've
> > not upgraded my laptop to 2.5.1 yet, although I verified against
> > another installation of 2.5.1 before publishing.
>
> And you saw your test pass? Then it is not a valid test case for the
> bug being test, because the bug is present in 2.5.0, so your test
> case should fail there.

I think I'm a little confused. Are you saying the original test should
fail for me or that the test I changed it to should fail for me? The
original test failed, my new one does not. As for documentating the
intent of these tests, I don't think tracker items are visible enough.
When I'm looking at the unittest itself, am I to always search the
entire tracker for any bugs still relevent and pertaining to each test
I look at? That seems contorted, and easy to miss. I'll check the
tracker, and I'd like to add any information to the test itself.

http://ironfroggy-code.blogspot.com/