[Python-Dev] Cygwin: Problem detecting subprocess termination after _spawn_posix in distutils?

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Wed Aug 1 12:49:56 CEST 2007

Martin v. Löwis wrote:
>> The only environment variables that don't appear in the shell output
>> from the env command are INFOPATH, MAKE_MODE and PLAT. I am still flummoxed.
>
> At this point, I'd recommend to perform a cygwin update; with Cygwin,
> these problems often go away with an update.

I updated Cygwin and did a rebaseall before posting.

> If that doesn't help, you can ask on the Cygwin list also; to analyse
> this further, ISTM one will need to debug the internals of cygwin.

I posted on Cygwin before asking here.

> One thing you could try is to add -v to the list of gcc options;
> you can then see whether gcc is progressing correctly.

I'll do that, though I have reason to believe the gcc *is* terminating
and _spawn_posix isn't detecting the end of the process. At the very
least we should get another test out of this dreadfully irritating bug.

Thanks again for looking at this.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden        +1 571 484 6266   +1 800 494 3119