[Python-Dev] Pleaswe help with the countdown to zero failing tests in the struni branch!

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Tue Aug 7 01:55:18 CEST 2007

We're down to 11 failing test in the struni branch. I'd like to get
this down to zero ASAP so that we can retire the old p3yk (yes, with
typo!) branch and rename py3k-struni to py3k.

Please help! Here's the list of failing tests:

test_ctypes
Recently one test started failing again, after Martin changed
PyUnicode_FromStringAndSize() to use UTF8 instead of Latin1.

test_email
test_email_codecs
test_email_renamed
Can someone contact the email-sig and ask for help with these?

test_minidom
Recently started failing again; probably shallow.

test_sqlite
Virgin territory, probably best done by whoever wrote the code or at
least someone with time to spare.

test_tarfile
Virgin territory again (but different owner :-).

test_urllib2_localnet
test_urllib2net
I think Jeremy Hylton may be close to fixing these, he's done a lot of
work on urllib and httplib.

test_xml_etree_c
Virgin territory again.

There are also a few tests that only fail on CYGWIN or OSX; I won't
bother listing these.

If you want to help, please refer to this wiki page:
http://wiki.python.org/moin/Py3kStrUniTests

There are also other tasks; see http://wiki.python.org/moin/Py3kToDo