[Python-Dev] Update to PEP 366 (Relative imports from the main module)

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 16:27:03 CET 2007

Guido van Rossum wrote:
> This looks good. Please make the appropriate changes to the PEP and to
> PEP 0 to mark it as accepted.

I should get to that in the next day or two. Thanks.

> I think the implementation is fine too (others will have to check it
> more carefully) but I noticed that the promised functionality of -m
> doesn't work yet

It turns out one of the code paths through runpy wasn't getting tested
properly, and naturally it was the path that the -m switch relies on.

I've posted a new patch which both fixes that code path and adds
additional tests to make sure it is doing the right thing.

Cheers,
Nick.

PEP 366 implementation patch
(http://bugs.python.org/issue1487)