[Python-Dev] Signals+Threads (PyGTK waking up 10x/sec).

Sean Reifschneider jafo-python-dev at tummy.com
Fri Dec 7 15:26:42 CET 2007

On Thu, Dec 06, 2007 at 10:55:12PM -0700, Adam Olsen wrote:
>That's pretty much what issue1564547 does.  I think there's two marks

Good point, I hadn't seen that before.

>* Using poll and fd's is pretty platform specific for what should be a
>general-purpose API

I would say that this is an optimization that helps a specific set of
platforms, including one that I think we really care about, the OLPC which
needs it for decreased battery use.  It doesn't cause breakage of
other platforms, it just may not help them.

Thanks,
Sean
--
 Linux, because eventually you grow up enough to be trusted with a fork().
      Back off man. I'm a scientist.   http://HackingSociety.org/