[Python-Dev] Split up the c-api documentation in smaller files?

Titus Brown titus at caltech.edu
Fri Dec 7 19:43:28 CET 2007

On Fri, Dec 07, 2007 at 07:24:04AM -0500, Steve Holden wrote:
-> Christian Heimes wrote:
-> > Good afternoon everybody!
-> >
-> > The new C API documentation contains some large files:
-> >
-> > 105K abstract.html
-> > 300K concrete.html
-> > 183K newtypes.html
-> >
-> > The concrete.html takes noticeable time to render on my computer (P4 2.4
-> > with 1GB RAM, Firefox 2.0 and Ubuntu Linux). I estimate the load and
-> > rendering time is about 4-5 seconds! It also takes long to search for a
-> > string and scrolling isn't smooth, too.
-> >
-> > Can we split the files in smaller chunks, please?
-> >
-> This might make a good GHOP project, though as Titus has just uploaded
-> about seventy (70!) new projects I am unsure as to how long it would
-> have to wait ti get in the queue.

At the current rate, approximately 10 days.

;)

--titus