[Python-Dev] PEP Idea: Syntactic sugar for StopIteration.

Manuel Alejandro Cerón Estrada ceronman at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 01:55:55 CET 2007

2007/12/8, Greg Ewing <greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz>:
> I would put it the other way around -- the problem
> that 'yield break' is meant to solve is already solved
> by 'return'. So there's no need for change.

I have been re-thinking the problem and this is true. The only
exception would be empty generators, but they are rare. 'return' works
well for 99.99% of the cases. And the rest 0.01% does not worth a
syntax change.

Thank you very much for all your comments.


More information about the Python-Dev mailing list