[Python-Dev] Python tickets summary

Ron Adam rrr at ronadam.com
Mon Dec 10 19:41:43 CET 2007

Facundo Batista wrote:
 > 2007/12/8, Ron Adam <rrr at ronadam.com>:
 >
 >> Looks much improved!  :-)
 >
 > Thanks!
 >

 >> Maybe components and keywords could be combined together and use check
 >> boxes so more than one item at a time can be selected?
 >
 > Regarding the combination, I don't think so: I'm just showing the info
 > from the Tracker differently, I don't want to change its concepts.
 >
 > Regarding the check-more-than-one: It could be done, but I don't know
 > if it actually will prove useful (it's always nice to be in more
 > control of the filters, but overcomplicating the searchs does not help
 > anybody, there's a point there in the middle, :) ).

Ok, looking at it again, I agree.

 >> Ideally the temporal bar could be more like a mini gant/status chart which
 >> indicates the status as well as th activity.  Maybe the background color
 >> can change when the status changes.
 >
 > For this the concept of "process" need to be added to the Tracker.
 > Today there's no such mandatory process for the issues.
 >
 > As I just show that info differently, I won't create an artificial
process here.

 > Thanks for your different proposals!!
 >
 > Regards,

This is from the search page of the tracker.

   <select name="resolution" id="resolution">
     <option value="">don't care</option>

     <option value="" disabled="disabled">------------</option>
     <option value="1">accepted</option>

     <option value="2">duplicate</option>
     <option value="3">fixed</option>
     <option value="4">invalid</option>
     <option value="5">later</option>
     <option value="6">out of date</option>
     <option value="7">postponed</option>

     <option value="8">rejected</option>
     <option value="9">remind</option>
     <option value="10">wont fix</option>
     <option value="11">works for me</option>
   </select>

There are items in the tracker that have a resolutions set, but are still
open.  So the resolution field is the process status field.  I don't think
it needs to be mandatory.  And the status field includes open/pending/close.

Do you have access to these and the times they are set?

Cheers,
   Ron