[Python-Dev] Signals+Threads (PyGTK waking up 10x/sec).

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Sat Dec 15 00:24:14 CET 2007

[private]

On Fri, Dec 14, 2007, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> On Dec 14, 2007 2:12 PM, Aahz <aahz at pythoncraft.com> wrote:

>>> This paragraph jogged my memory.  I remember this exact solution being
>>> discussed now, a year ago when I was last talking about these issues.
>>
>> Ayup.  I am extremely far from an expert here, but anyone wanting to
>> have an informed opinion should really re-read the threads after these
>> posts:
>> http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2006-September/068569.html
>> http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2007-January/070772.html
>>
>> I would recommend requesting review from either Nick Maclaren or Tim
>> Peters as well.
>
> Oh no, not Nick Maclaren!

;-)  Note carefully that I did not say you should necessarily follow
Nick's advice.  Still, having an expert tell you what you're doing wrong
usually helps even if their advice isn't relevant.

> Anyway, did you see that we resolved this and have a patch ready for review?
>
> http://bugs.python.org/issue1583

Yeah, I saw that after the fact, but I still think referring to the

"Typing is cheap.  Thinking is expensive."  --Roy Smith