[Python-Dev] Spurious Buildbot Reports

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Thu Dec 20 02:58:35 CET 2007

On Dec 19, 2007 4:33 PM, Raymond Hettinger <python at rcn.com> wrote:
> The bots are kicking-off so many false alarms that it is becoming difficult to tell whether a check-in genuinely broke a build.
>
> At the root of the problem is a number of tests in the test suite that randomly blow-up.  I now tend to automatically dismiss failures in test_logging and test_threading for example.

Yeah, certain tests need some TLC to make them more predictable and
less prone to throw a failure because of some touch race condition or
something on the machine was not available to make the test work.

As I have stated on my blog, once I am done with importlib and the
stdlib reorg I plan on working on dev docs and then attack the whole
structure of the unit tests.

But who knows when that will happen.  =)

-Brett