[Python-Dev] New syntax for 'dynamic' attribute access

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Mon Feb 12 05:44:31 CET 2007

Terry Reedy wrote:

> Need: Runtime attributes are a fairly frequent 'How?' question on c.l.p.

That's true, but how many of those are due to an actual
need for runtime attributes, as opposed to someone trying
to transplant idioms from another language that would be
better served by a dict?

In my experience, the amount of code which truly needs
to use getattr is extremely small.

University of Canterbury,	   | Carpe post meridiem!          	  |
Christchurch, New Zealand	   | (I'm not a morning person.)          |