[Python-Dev] Trial balloon: microthreads library in stdlib

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Wed Feb 14 01:20:07 CET 2007

Martin v. Löwis wrote:
> Greg Ewing schrieb:
> > the end result would be too
> > convoluted for ordinary people to understand and maintain.
>
> That very much depends on what the end result would be.

True. What I should have said is that Guido *believes*
the outcome would be too convoluted. Christian's original
Stackless implementation certainly was, and to my
knowledge nobody has ever suggested a way to do better.

If someone could come up with a plan for a stackless
interpreter that was just as straightforward as the
existing one, that would be worth considering. But I
won't be holding my breath.

--
Greg