[Python-Dev] Twisted Isn't Specific (was Re: Trial balloon: microthreads library in stdlib)

glyph at divmod.com glyph at divmod.com
Wed Feb 14 21:34:21 CET 2007

On 03:32 pm, joachim.koenig-baltes at emesgarten.de wrote:
>glyph at divmod.com wrote:
>>When you boil it down, Twisted's event loop ...
>But that is exactly the problem I have with Twisted. For HTTP ...
                                                          ^^^^
>From that word on out, you have completely lost the plot.

I am talking about Twisted's _event loop_.  I specifically mentioned that the higher levels (and specifically "web") are separate, and can be discussed separately.  If there were interest in porting the simpler XXXHTTPServer APIs in the stdlib to be event-driven and work with a Twisted-style event loop, it would be a relatively simple hack.