[Python-Dev] microthreading vs. async io

Adam Olsen rhamph at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 14:17:03 CET 2007

On 2/15/07, Joachim König-Baltes <joachim.koenig-baltes at emesgarten.de> wrote:
> dustin at v.igoro.us wrote:
> E.g. have a wait(events = [], timeout = -1) method would be sufficient
> for most cases, where an event would specify

I agree with everything except this.  A simple function call would
have O(n) cost, thus being unacceptable for servers with many open
connections.  Instead you need it to maintain a set of events and let
you add or remove from that set as needed.

> I have implemented something like the above, based on greenlets.

I assume greenlets would be an internal implementation detail, not
exposed to the interface?

--
Adam Olsen, aka Rhamphoryncus